Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021
The overall objectives of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 are to contribute to the reduction of economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area and to strengthen bilateral relations between Norway and the Beneficiary States through financial contributions in priority sectors.
The financial contributions are available in the following priority sectors:
- Innovation, research, education and competitiveness;
- Social inclusion, youth employment and poverty reduction;
- Environment, energy, climate change and low carbon economy;
- Culture, civil society, good governance, and fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Justice and home affairs.
Legal framework of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021:
- Agreement between the Kingdom of Norway and the European Union on the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021;
- Memorandum of Understanding on the Implementation of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021, entered into between the Kingdom of Norway and the Beneficiary State;
- Regulation for implementation of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014 – 2021 and its annexes;
- guidelines adopted by the NMFA after consultation with the Beneficiary States.
The objectives of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 are achieved within the framework of close cooperation between Norway and the Republic of Bulgaria. The Parties apply a high degree of transparency, accountability and financial efficiency, as well as the principles of good governance, partnership and multilevel governance, sustainable development, gender equality and equal opportunities in all phases of the implementation of the NFM 2014-2021.
The Republic of Bulgaria shall take proactive measures to ensure compliance with these principles at all levels included in the implementation of the NFM 2014-2021.
All Parties involved in the implementation of the NFM 2014-2021 share the responsibility for carrying out information and communication activities, in accordance with the principle of proportionality, in order to ensure the widest possible dissemination of information, to increase awareness and to increase the transparency of information for funding opportunities, beneficiaries and achievements.
All programmes and activities of NFM 2014-2021 correspond to sustainable development, long-term economic growth, social cohesion and environmental protection.